Our institute has more than 50 years of experience in water and filter material analyses, applied water chemistry and water treatment process conception.
We are located in Pelm (Germany).
Since the foundation of our Institute in 1972, we have been examining raw and drinking water for customers all over the world, such as:
- Water supply companies
- Industrial enterprises
- Engineering offices
- Plant manufacturers
- And others
The AWA-Institut has been accredited according to EN ISO/IEC 17025:2018 and is thus officially approved as an independent testing institute.
We are the first laboratory in Germany to be awarded the "Sicher mit System" – “Systematic safety” seal of approval according to ILO-OSH 2001. The occupational health and safety needs are therefore integrated into all our processes.
The quality of our services is one of our main objectives in satisfying you and your needs.
We deploy an intensive communication flow with our customer, which allows us to adapt our services optimally to your requirements.
- Based on technical rules and legal regulations as well as the accreditation standard EN ISO/IEC 17025:2005, we provide our services following best practice guidelines, maintaining impartiality, responsibility and independence.
- The competence of our staff is kept up to date by continuous training. This increases our employees' motivation, their quality awareness and their know-how of the best applied practices.
- Regular and successful participation in specific inter-laboratory tests documents the laboratory's high analytic standard.
- Sampling is the first decisive step to reliable analytical results. Therefore, our staff continually attends internal and external trainings for best practice sampling.
The regular auditing of sampling by external experts is part of our quality management.
Memberships in organisations:
- Bundesverband der Deutschen Kalkindustrie
- DVGW Deutscher Verein des Gas- und Wasserfaches
- FIGAWA Bundesvereinigung der Firmen im Gas- und Wasserfach
- InTwa Interessengemeinschaft für norddeutsche Grundwasserwerke
- Verein für Wasser-, Boden- und Lufthygiene
- Gesellschaft Deutscher Chemiker (GDCH)
Membership in committees:
- FIGAWA working team “Chemo-physical filtration“
- FIGAWA working team “Drinking water analysis / Sampling”
- FIGAWA working team “Swimming and bathing water treatment“
- FIGAWA working team “Membrane technology"
- InTwa working team "Water treatment"
- CEN TC 164/WG 9/TG 5 “Water treatment“
- NA 119 Normenausschuss Wasserwesen (NAW) NA119-01-03-02-05 “SPME”