We analyse the inorganic and organic compounds of water and perform quality and functionality tests on filter material used in water treatment processes.
The analytical results and their trend analyses over a certain period of time are the basis for the evaluation of the process functionality.
This procedure allows us to improve the operational safety and efficiency in your water treatment process.
We can support you with the following analyses and consultancy:
Drinking and raw water analyses
Our institute carries out official water analysis according to the state-specific regulations:
- Drinking water analysis according to the requirements of your national drinking water regulation
- Ground and surface water testing according to the state-specific regulations
- Swimming pool water analysis according to national legislation
- Qualified sampling and testing of chemical and chemo-physical parameters with state-of-the-art analytical equipment
- Comprehensive evaluation of the results with your specific circumstances considered
- Digital transfer of test results, which can be delivered in many different formats
Filter material analyses
The various tasks in water treatment require the use of very different filter materials.
We can help you to:
- Analyse your filter media for water treatment to check the conformity with your own internal quality system and/or your national regulations.
- Increase operational safety in your treatment plant. An inspection of the filtrate’s quality as well as of the functionality of the material is recommended after several years of operation.
- Provide depth-integrated sampling of filter media from your filter tank that facilitates a detailed assessment of the filter characteristics.
Expert support for application technology in water treatment
The treatment of drinking water, process water and swimming-pool water requires highly technical experience and individual solutions.
Our application technology department is familiar with a wide variety of application options.
In co-operation with you, we work out the optimum solution for your individual requirements.
We conduct simulations of your customer-specific conditions using:
- Pilot plant equipment for on-site trials with various test filters
- Computer-controlled laboratory filtering unit
- Comprehensive equipment for laboratory batch tests
- Installation and running of on-site pilot filter in your water works.
- Performance of lab scale tests aiming to compare different filter media in their functionality.
- Function checks of your water treatment plant following generally accepted good engineering practice.
- Evaluation of the results by our experienced application engineers.
- Improvement proposals to optimize your filter unit, operational safety and efficiency.
- Process conception advice in close co-operation with your responsible manager.
These tests may also serve as planning criteria for the construction of new water works or the redevelopment of existing ones.
Mixed water calculations according to technical rules and assessment of the corrosiveness of water according to EN 12502 complete our range of services.